Friday, July 7

The end of week quote

''I have visited the UK twice, and both times I came back to the US inspired by the compassion and friendliness of the people I met during my stay. A year ago, I became inspired by the people of your country yet again when I saw Londoners respond to these ugly and disgraceful attacks with such fortitude and bravery. My prayers go out to all the families and friends impacted by these inexcusable acts of naked evil. I hope you know how much your friends in the USA stand by you, and how much we appreciated how you all did the same, after 9/11''
.
Abigail, NYC, USA
.

Above is a comment posted today on the BBC website in responce to a request for tributes to the 52 dead and 770 injured on this day last year in what has become known as the 7/7 bombings in London.

No comments: